Children's Ministry Convention

I just finished a wonderful weekend at the North American Division Children's Ministry Convention in Loma Linda, CA. I came away with new purpose and many useful resources to help my children and the children I work with at church to develop their own relationships with Jesus beginning now.

The most fascinating seminars I attended were presented by Karen Holford. Karen is from England and is an author of children's books and material for those who work with children. I found her seminars most refreshing and very practical. She presented ideas of how to teach kids in a concrete way some of the abstract ideas of spirituality, specifically prayer, praise, intercession, and thankfulness. She also gave some Bible memorization techniques especially for kids. I am planning to post the ideas I learned as I try them out at home or Sabbath School.

My greatest desire is to see Alyssa and Jonathan walk with Jesus. What I learned opened my eyes to ways of looking at the little things all around me to illustrate how to walk with Jesus from an early age.

No comments: