Our Christmas Tree

Our Christmas tree is one of our Christmas traditions we started a couple of years ago. All the ornaments on the tree represent Bible stories or verses. Beginning on December 1 when we put up the tree, we read a story or verse or two for our family worships and then the kids - Alyssa at this point - put the ornaments on the tree to represent what we read. She loves it, and it makes our Christmas tree both beautiful and meaningful while keeping our focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Many of the ornaments can represent more than story or verse. Every year when I go shopping I keep my eyes open for a few new ornaments, and I have a list of things I want to look for. If you have any ideas, leave me a comment below. Here is a picture of our tree this year.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Joy said...

Some how over the last year I lost track of your blog. I'm glad you sent out your Christmas letter again. I've got your blog in my bloglines list now, so I shouldn't loose you again. I love your Christmas tree. This year we started something similar. Everything that went on the tree had to have a spiritual meaning. My favorite one that we thought of is a little tea cup ornament that I was given. "My cup runneth over." Do you have a tea cup?