Special Day

I awoke early this morning for my time with God. I read a chapter of one of my favorite books about another morning when Jesus was on earth and sensed again my need of Him. As I finished reading, the sky blossomed with color. It is a special day. This is what I read:
"God takes men as they are, and educates them for His service, if they will yield themselves to Him. The Spirit of God, received into the soul, will quicken all its faculties. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God. The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness. Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character. Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced. He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God." - from "The Call by the Sea," Desire of Ages by Ellen White

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thank you for sharing! Your thoughts resonate with my recent experiences, and I often find that God is "homeschooling" me, and drawing ever nearer to me.