Planting Fruit Trees

Today we started planting our orchard. We have the holes for the trees and trenches for irrigation dug, and most of our 19 fruit trees purchased. Now we have to lay the irrigation lines and plant the trees. I am looking forward to having fruit on my own trees to pick when they are ripe instead of getting green-picked fruit at the grocery store. There's nothing like freshly picked, tree-ripened fruit. Yum!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

How exciting to plant your own orchard! I hope the Lord allows us this blessing some day too! I enjoyed your wildflower post and the scriptures on your side bar. Is that picture taken on the Tioga Pass Rd in Yosemite? It looks like the over look there at Olmstead Point.

Mountain Heather said...

The picture was actually taken in Kings Canyon National Park overlooking the Kings Canyon gorge. Not too far away from Yosemite and very similar scenery. I love the Yosemite high country, too.