My friend at Wildflower Morning has a new challenge for the week in her "Wildflowers in Winter" post. This time we are to post images of flowers in winter. I live in one of the few places where we actually have flowers in winter. I took my camera out yesterday afternoon and captured a few images of wildflowers growing on our property. All the wildflowers (aka weeds when they are in my garden, but allowed to grow freely elsewhere on our five acres) I could find currently blooming were yellow which makes the cloudy, rainy days especially brighter. 
I have also included two images of flowers in my garden that are still blooming even at this time of year. The white flowers (2nd picture below) are Argyranthemum "Neptune." The pink flowers are Argyranthemum frutescens "Pink Elf." The yellow is Euryops, and the blue is Felicia amelloides "Blue Marguerite."
Many of my flowers lie dormant at the moment, but promises of good things to come are visible. The wintering leaves of my lobelia, "Cardinal Flower" are one example.

I have also included two images of flowers in my garden that are still blooming even at this time of year. The white flowers (2nd picture below) are Argyranthemum "Neptune." The pink flowers are Argyranthemum frutescens "Pink Elf." The yellow is Euryops, and the blue is Felicia amelloides "Blue Marguerite."
Many of my flowers lie dormant at the moment, but promises of good things to come are visible. The wintering leaves of my lobelia, "Cardinal Flower" are one example.
7 comments:
Oh, I'd like to come visit you right about now to take a tour of your property. It is interesting that there are so many yellow flowers right now. Thank you for showing your garden flowers too. If you find more flowers blooming when your out and about the next week, be sure to post them too. Most of us are limited to dry seed heads.
Looks like you have a wonderful place to roam! I'm glad you got out and got these photos.
I'd love to see even a dandelion right now, but that isn't how God made it here. I'll enjoy yours instead.
Jody
I love all of the color in your garden right now! All of nature is fairly monochromatic around here right now.
How lucky you are to have wildflowers in bloom. My gardens are under a blanket of snow and ice. I just joined the Wildflower in Winter challenge and posted about my favourite wildflower. Tomorrow I will be out looking to see if I can find a photo of any wildflowers that might be sticking up in the snow.
Your flowers and your flower pictures are lovely. The temperature is supposed to be below zero here tomorrow so your flower pictures are refreshing.
So pretty! Once it warms up and becomes suitable gardening weather, I'd like to get some potted plants started on my balcony, including some hanging flowers. I'll have to ask you about what's good to garden around here!
Post a Comment