Derek was transferred to the ICU overnight for respiratory distress. He is now on a CPAP machine that will hopefully open his airways again. Though the headgear he has to wear and the constant
airflow are very uncomfortable, it does seem to be helping him stay saturated. He is still spiking fevers every four hours or so.
If I thought the other unit wasn't restful, it was a Hawaii vacation compared to ICU. And the name of it doesn't begin with IC for nothing. It is freezing in this room. Neither Derek nor I slept last night. I am praying we both can catch some rest between all the machines continually beeping and people coming in and out. While you are praying about all this, would you mind also praying that I won't get sick? Thank you all for caring and for keeping us in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment